Dr. Andy Maples earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the Creighton University School of Dentistry. He received several awards while at Creighton including: The Inaugural Dr. Simpson Award for Excellence in Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry, The Department of General Dentistry Award and The American Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Award.
Dr. Maples is a dedicated lifelong learner including studying at the Kois Center. He has completed numerous hours of continuing education and advanced dental study. Dr. Maples has been especially interested in continuing his study of implantology and other aesthetic restorative dentistry methods.
He and his team have received several recognitions, including:
- 5280 Top Dentist (2017): To receive this award, Dr. Maples and his team were nominated by peers and acknowledged as top providers based on the quality of their care, use of in-office technology, and patient results.
- Best of Loveland (2017-2018): During this city-wide competition, patients nominated Dr. Maples and his team for the award, and West Lake Dental received the most votes both years.
In June of 2018, Dr. Maples also received his fellowship with the Academy of General Dentistry. In order to reach FAGD status, a general dentist must:
- Be recognized by other general dentists as a leader
- Exemplify the importance of quality continuing dental education
- Complete a minimum of 500 continuing education credit hours
- Pass a comprehensive exam
- Be a member of the Academy of General Dentistry for three continuous years
While the state only requires dentists to complete 15 hours of continuing education to maintain their license, Dr. Maples usually completes over 100 hours per year, far exceeding these standards.
Dr. Maples grew up in Colorado, and he earned his undergraduate degree from Colorado State University. An avid outdoorsman and fitness enthusiast, Dr. Maples enjoys hiking fourteeners and competing in triathlons. Besides being outdoors, spending time with his wife Lauren and kids Collin and Mia is what he enjoys doing the most.
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Weld County Dental Society
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Fellow, Misch International Implant Institute
- Academy of General Dentistry