Conservative Care with Laser Dentistry
Laser technology has been used in the medical field for decades. Now, these tools are routinely used in dentistry to provide more accurate, less invasive care. At West Lake Dental in Loveland, CO, Dr. Andy Maples uses laser dentistry to offer more conservative care with less discomfort.
With a commitment to providing the highest quality care possible, Dr. Maples routinely attends continuing education courses to stay up to date on the latest technologies. In just one year, he completed 150 hours of continuing education.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry offers a number of advantages. This type of treatment:
- Is far less invasive compared to conventional methods
- Requires no incisions and no sutures
- May not require anesthesia
- Causes less damage to the oral soft tissues
- Reduces bleeding during and after the procedure
- Minimizes the risk of infection and other post-operative complications
In addition to these benefits, laser dentistry is often recommended to patients who are nervous about visiting the dentist. In comparison to traditional tools, which often make a considerable amount of noise, lasers are almost completely silent. This lack of noise can make a huge difference for patients are stressed by the sound of certain dental tools.